Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Avatar

Avatar


I saw Avatar on Sunday at a theater in Culver City. It reminded me very much of Ferngully and Pocahontas. Although the movie had a very strong environmental message, I was disappointed to see the piles of trash that the lazy viewers left behind in their chairs at the end of the film. How difficult is it to take your waste to the provided garbage cans?! I am also anxious to see what James Cameron does to generate follow-up action. I read an interview with him and it sounds like he is really passionate about the environment. During his initial meeting with Fox, they told him they loved the script, but the asked if some of the “tree-hugging” elements could be left out. Thankfully, Cameron refused. Cameron’s wife, Susie Amis, runs a private elementary school here in Topanga Canyon where I live with my 7 year old. The school, Muse Elementary, is very interesting to me, mainly because they serve organic lunches to the kids. I am waiting for the day that LAUSD steps up to the plate and stops poisoning our children. Speaking of children, I really love the name Neytiri, given to the character in Avatar played by Zoe Saldana. I think this may be the perfect name for my next child!


Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment